* thank and link the blogger who has given you the award.
* copy and paste the logo in your blog.
* share 7 things about yourself.
* nominate 15 other great bloggers.
* comment and let them know of the award.
Seven things about me:
(Are you ready? Let me peel away some layers of the onion for you):
1. Apart from being a living foods chef and health writer/blogger, I am also an instructor, and am so blessed to have the opportunity to share my passion for teaching with academia and raw food cuisine.
2. Growing up, I dreamed about becoming a rock star. I idolized Nina Gordon and Louise Post from the Chicago rock group Veruca Salt and D'Arcy from The Smashing Pumpkins and taught myself to play the guitar when I was 12. I have played on and off for years, but lack the dedication to practice much these days.
3. I have been interested in health and nutrition from a very young age. I became a vegetarian at ten years old, vegan at sixteen years old, and mostly raw-vegan (and 100% gluten free) at twenty five.
4. I have been told I look like Emily Haines from the Canadian band Metric many times (I take this as a huge compliment!).
Emily vs. Marlie - any thoughts?
5. I love music: my favorites include The Beatles, John Lennon, The Smashing Pumpkins, Jefferson Airplane, The Rolling Stones, Billy Corgan, Joni Mitchell, Veruca Salt, Liz Phair. I've also walked across Abbey Road in London and taken in The Beatles' sights and sounds in Liverpool.
6. I met Albert Hoffman when I was 17 years old. While staying in Switzerland, my uncle and I looked up Dr. Hoffman's number in the phone book and called him, asking if we could visit for an autograph (he said yes). We went and had an hour visit and conversation with Dr. Hoffman and his wife at their home - such a surreal experience.
7. Sometimes, I wonder if I was born in the wrong era because I have such an affinity for 1960s culture and music (maybe I lived in Haight Ashbury - San Francisco, or shopped on the King's Road - London during that decade ;). Just call me an anachronist with contemporary leanings and interests!
Passing on the One Lovely Blog Award accolades, I nominate these lovely ladies whose blogs I frequent most often:
Angela @ Oh She Glows
Heather @ Sweetly Raw
Kelli @ Animal Friendly Eating
Lee @ Truly Organic Foods
Carmella @ The Sunny Raw Kitchen
Tiffany @ Eating Niagara
Lisa @Vegan Culinary Crusade
Amber @ Almost Vegan
Lauren @ Ginger is the NewPink
Robyn @ Girl on Raw
Bitt @ Bitt of Raw
Gillian @ Confessions of a Young Woman
Courtney @ Radical Radiance AND Spirulina Junkie
Michelle @ Glow Green Girl
Angela @ Hol-Fit
If I have forgotten anyone and their fabulous blog, my apologies - I'm certain you will be nominated!
Wishing you a sunny Saturday afternoon.